Monday, November 3, 2008

Modus Operandi

To complete my Drift Two walk and render my course beyond my control, I placed two dimes, two nickels, and two pennies in my pocket and paired them with a certain direction. At each intersection I would reach into my pocket and take out a random coin. If I grabbed a dime, I turned left, a nickel turned me right, and a penny told me to go straight.

For my image capturing strategy, I stopped every seven minutes to photograph anything interesting within my vicinity. I became particularly interested in photographing red and green objects; plants, stop-and-go lights, trash cans, anything at all, although I did not limit my photographing to this theme by any means. A smaller theme however began to become employed over the course of the walk; with the added theme of green and red, I began to develop a theme of pro-imagination and being able to run with it instead of ignore it. I photographed real objects and painted objects to capture that aspect of my theme.

No comments: